Are you a local Taking Newspaper – Not a Member of the Federation?
Our membership year runs from 1st April to 31st March the following year and you can join us by downloading the appropriate form and sending it to the TNF with your payment if you select the cheque option or, downloading and completing on line if you select the BACS option.
- Full Membership is open to any Talking Newspaper, Talking Magazine and other charities that produce audio recordings for blind and partially sighted people. The annual membership fee is £42.00.
- Individual Membership to available to anyone who is either a volunteer or listener of a local Talking Newspaper or Talking Magazine, regardless of whether or not the group is a member of the Federation. Individual Membership is £9.00.
With exciting developments in technology, coupled with the demise of regional papers, the opportunities for Talking Newspapers are many, varied and interesting. It’s time to get on our toes, look up and out, and work together to reach increasing audiences with our local audio news.
The Talking Newspaper Federation is the forum for collaborative working. Membership provides a single point of reference to all you need to know about running, or developing, a flourishing TN.
As a TNF member you can:
- reach people with visual impairment and grow your listener numbers;
- benefit from TNF’s experience in writing successful funding applications;
- save money with the competitive TNF insurance scheme (for detail see below);
- find out about website development and the transition to live streaming;
- invite TNF’s Audio Technician to visit, check and advise on your sound set-up – free of charge;
- try out our Studio-in-a-Suitcase, providing new TNs with a starter recording kit, and a distribution system – all on loan, complete with technical support;
- access TNF’s library of information, resources, policies and ‘How-to’ guides;
- dip into TNF’s Editor’s Choice for news and scoops to bolster your recordings;
- request a free independent review of your TN (for detail; see below);
- get help registering with the Charity Commission;
- meet TNs and suppliers at national and regional TNF conferences;
- use our website to access other TNs and contact details;
- take advantage of TNF’s relationships with national sight loss agencies.
- receive Smee and Ford legacy notifications (when notified to TNF)
TNF provides an insurance scheme for member talking newspapers that provides specially tailored, cost effective cover. Our Insurance Brokers Verlingue have lots of experience of working with TNs. One of the benefits of our scheme is that cover is provided on a group basis which keeps premiums low as the risk is spread. In addition equipment and public liability cover can be provided. A separate professional liability policy, including libel and copyright infringement can also be provided.
Access Reference Documents
TNF Members can access a comprehensive library of policies, guidelines, training booklets and content.
As a TNF Member you can request an Independent Review of you audio newspaper and receive constructive helpful advice on any aspect of audio production or content selection. More information can be found at TNF Independent Review
Sales and Wants
Advertise anything you want to sell or give away to another Talking Newspaper or post a “request” for equipment you need.
For further information on TNF membership, contact email@example.com.
or to join directly or renew your membership please complete the form