This page provides links to organisations that may be able to help local talking newspapers, and the listeners that we serve.
UK-wide organisations providing help and support to visually-impaired and print-disabled people
- Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB)
- RNIB Sightline (directory of organisations providing services and support)
- Royal Society for Blind Children
- Blind Veterans UK (formerly St. Dunstan’s)
- Calibre Audio Library (free audiobooks)
- Fight for Sight
- Guide Dogs
- International Glaucoma Association
- Macular Society
- The Partially Sighted Society
- Retina UK
- Thomas Pocklington Trust
- VI Talk
- Vision UK
- VocalEyes (audio-described arts events and venues)
Suppliers for talking newspapers
These organisations provide equipment and specialist supplies for talking newspapers.
Please note that TNF is unable to endorse or recommend any specific organisation or product – these links are provided for information only.
CDs & USB memory sticks
Suitable for the high speed copiers used by most talking newspapers
Postal wallets,address cards & holders
These items are available in different sizes ans colours, together with reversible address-cards (pre-printed Articles for the Blind) and holders
Recording, duplication and players
The following software titles are used by a number of local talking newspapers.